[Samba] corruption in the locking tdb, samba panics

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Mar 7 18:02:32 GMT 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:57:20AM +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
> >I've looked at the changelog for 3.0.11 but I see nothing there
> >regarding this problem. I also searched google and I found something
> >similar here:
> >
> >http://tinyurl.com/3nhdj
> >
> >but, alas, no followup or solution.
> >The new server is running mandrake linux 10.0, samba comes from the
> >updates rpms (3.0.10-0.1.100mdk) and it's running kernel 2.4.25 (I
> >cannot use 2.6 since this is a proliant server --not my decision-- and
> >its closed source hardware monitoring module only works with 2.4).
> >The server is configured to use ldap for authentication
> >(openldap-2.1.25-6mdk) if it matters.
>

> I forgot to mention that this happened with win98, windows 2000 and
> xp+sp2 clients.

If the locking database becomes corrupt then Samba will definately crash.
Does this happen every time you restart Samba (the locking databases are
re-initialised on restart) ? If so, is it repeatable on another machine ?

I don't have any outstanding bugs on the generic tdb or locking database
code so I'm looking for another possibility here.

Jeremy.