[Samba] Remote browse sync, wins, problems...

Marco Felettigh marco at nucleus.it
Mon Mar 7 17:17:35 GMT 2005

I have the same problem.
Network A 192.168.1.0  WG: SEDE
Network B 192.168.2.0	 WG: REMOTO

On each network x.1 is a master browser and domain master browser.
Wins is enabled.

smb.conf in 192.168.1.1 :
remote browse sync = 192.168.2.1
remote announce = 192.168.2.1

smb.conf in 192.168.2.1 :
remote browse sync = 192.168.1.1
remote announce = 192.168.1.1

samba-2.2.8a-226

The syncronisation is ok
sync with 192.168.2.1 for workgroup ... completed (9 records)
and in the other way i have the same response but i can only view the
workgroup SEDE and REMOTO but not the client inside.

In browse.dat i can view the 2 master browser.
In wins.dat i can view the clients in my workgroup.

Eg: from a client in SEDE i can view computers in my workgroup and the REMOTO
workgroup but not the client of REMOTO.
Any suggestion?

thanks
	Marco