[Samba] Multiple samba servers with LDAP

cooper mail cooper.list at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:36:19 GMT 2005

Craig,
   Thanks for the response.  I have read both the HowTo and the By
Example.  Neither covers much in regard to my situation.  I have NO
windows servers, only samba servers.

I am using LDAP, nss_ldap, and pam_ldap to handle the local unix
accounts.  The samba PDC is also using ldap as its passdb backend.
Every thing is working fine at this time.  I have tried both of the
setups I have mentioned, and both work.  I am just wondering what is
the recomended/best practice setup.

I am not using windbind at this time.  I read in another post from
Jerry, that the only reason I would need windbind, in my scenario, is
if I had a trust relationship with another domain.  I do not.

Thanks,

cooper