[Samba] how can i setup disk quota with smbcquotas?

alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma alaanizar at iihem.ac.ma
Sun Mar 6 17:34:27 GMT 2005

Hi samba users,

i would like to know how can i setup disk quotas with this command "smbcquotas"

i searched info on google, i found the "man" pages, i tried but i cannot setup what
i want.

I would like to help domain users to have an idea of how much space on the server
left for their files and how much space is given by the system administrator.

When I issued the "perquota -a" on the server, I gives a status of all users and
their quotas. Meaning that quota is on.

But on the windows "Computer icon", when the users brows the pattitions, both
locally (on the computer", and the network shares; Quota shows the whole "Home
directory" size. Not only the users' quota.

Anyone can help me?
pls

thank you

--