[Samba] AIX acl's

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Sun Mar 6 13:32:23 GMT 2005

Good morning!

AIX 5.2, OpenLDAP 2.2.23, BDB 4.2, Samba 3.0.11.

Trying to get the AIX acl support to work on 3.0.11 and I'm not seeing
anything in the log files with acls:10.

The calls to posix_acls.c are showing up, but it's like the
sys_acl_get_fd() and such from lib/sysacls.c are not hooked.

Can someone direct me to a quick reference on this subsystem? I'd really
like to make use of the ACL features for a few of our departments.

Also, is it normal for WinXP to try and re-auth the user when attempting
to apply and ACE mapped to AIX extended ACL? (I'm assuming it's because I
don't actually have it working at the moment.) Or is it because I'm not
actually trying it from a XP box joined to the Samba DC?

Any insight that can be shared would be most appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll keep diggin'... :-)

Bill