[Samba] Excel & samba-3.0.11 slowness/hanging/lockup issues...Anyone?

Mitch (WebCob) mitch at webcob.com
Fri Mar 4 17:21:57 GMT 2005

[Mitch says:]
I've seen similar delays - sometimes when printing - sometimes when
accessing attachements in Outlook - 3.0.11 eliminated the roaming profile
sync errors (showed up in windows event log as 1504 iirc) but I had delays
with 3.0.8 too - they aren't new for me.

Haven't been able to nail down a way to reproduce it 100% or I'd do
something with logging and so on to capture it - if you can reproduce, do a
log 10, and look for an area which shows the delay - by adding %G to your
log files (or %u), you can get group unique or use unique logs, which can
make your task of finding the data a lot easier...

Then look for the area in the log that shows the delay - then maybe someone
more familiar with samba internals can review what you found and help from
there... you would at least have enough to start a bug report at that point.

Hth

m/