[Samba] Kerberos Tickets gone after reboot

Scarry, Robert robert.scarry at eds.com
Fri Mar 4 16:21:42 GMT 2005

Thanks for the reply.  Here is the output of my files and a general way I
have things setup.

W2K AD Domain Controller-

MIT Kerberos -

WINBIND -

Solaris 2.8/2.9 (same issue with both platforms.)

Out from the /etc/nsswitch.conf, smb.conf, and klist.

-I can add the samba server to the domain as a member.

-Can authenticate local domain and trusted users to map drives to the
shares.

-On reboot the users can't authenticate anymore, and if I do a 'klist' the
Kerberos tickets are gone..

-I took a snapshot of the files used (including the klist when the server is
up before reboot.)

# /etc/nsswitch.nis:

#

# the following two lines obviate the "+" entry in /etc/passwd and
/etc/group.

passwd:     files nis winbind

group:      files nis winbind

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================

[global]

## Basic Server Settings

      # workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name, eg: REDHAT4

      workgroup = EDSADDDM

      realm = EDSADDDM.DDM.APM.BPM.EDS.COM

      # server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field

      server string = Chucky Imaging Server

      log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m

      log level = 2

      max log size = 100

      security = ADS

      # Passwords & Authentication

      encrypt passwords = yes

      ## Winbind

      idmap uid = 60000-70000

      idmap gid = 80000-90000

      winbind enum users = yes

      winbind enum groups = yes

      winbind separator = +

      winbind use default domain = no

==============================

 [rdn7]

comment = Imaging Share

path = /rdn7

public = no

writable = yes

printable = no

browsable = no

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

Default principal: administrator at EDSADDDM.DDM.APM.BPM.EDS.COM

03/03/05 09:45:35  04/10/05 15:46:57
krbtgt/EDSADDDM.DDM.APM.BPM.EDS.COM at EDSADDDM.DDM.APM.BPM.EDS.COM

      renew until 07/16/06 10:45:35

03/03/05 09:47:02  03/05/05 14:02:02
uscosddm001$@EDSADDDM.DDM.APM.BPM.EDS.COM

      renew until 07/16/06 10:45:35

03/03/05 09:47:03  03/05/05 14:02:03
kadmin/changepw at EDSADDDM.DDM.APM.BPM.EDS.COM

      renew until 07/16/06 10:45:35

***  My problem is that I have to re-join my samba server to the domain
every time I reboot.  I am assuming that it is because when I reboot the
Kerberos ticket is gone.  I have to manually issue the kinit command, then
"net ads join", then it all works again.

Maybe the Kerberos ticket is not the problem..?  Any ideas?

Tschuess'