[Samba] A probably silly thought but...

Matthew Western, IT Support, Lonsdale mwestern at sola.com.au
Thu Mar 3 22:30:13 GMT 2005

Not a silly thought.

I've instead of spending x hunderd thousand on brandname ibm servers and
sans, how you could create a RAID array of PCs running IDE hard drives.
If a PC dies just plug in some more and rebuild.   If you want to add
more space just add more PCs.  :)      that would be cool.

Obviously you wouldn't use it still for critical data like databases
etc, but our user directory would be a good candidate.