[Samba] Can't see my Samba server into the A.D. Domain

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:17:49 GMT 2005

Paul Gienger wrote:

> From what I've seen, the sunfreeware version doesn't include
> LDAP support which is a deal breaker for me, and you can't
> have ADS without LDAP support.

   I emailed Steve Christensen about this while he was at Linux World
(2/14/2005), and he said he'd consider it. However, due to the reliance
on other packages, it rapidly spirals into a dependency hell situation:

> I would be happy to build the ads version.  But if I remember
> right that requires both kerberos and ldap support and this
> causes all sorts of problems. I will try to look into it again.

   If poeple ask him politely to compile a Samba with ADS support he
might do it, but for now I don't think he had plans to do so. (I would
love to be wrong!)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt