[Samba] disallowing copying files to the shares by extension

Erol YILDIZ erol at kemerkoy.k12.tr
Thu Mar 3 12:02:10 GMT 2005

hi,

thanks for the help, now its not possible to copy .mp3 .avi etc files to the
shares but, I have done this for the home directories of the users and we
are using roaming profiles. If you try to copy .mp3 or .avi files its not
possible. If you copy them to your desktop from somewhere and log out,
because the profiles are roaming clients tries to write them to the server
and succeed! How can this happen?!?

On Thursday 03 March 2005 09:52, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to filter files by their extensions for samba shares? For
> > example no mp3 files can be coppied to the file server.
> >
> > thanks..
>
> [Mitch says:] I'm up late - so I'll give you an idea... there are options
> to hide files, and I think to restrict access to hidden files - not sure
> if
> they will prevent file creation, but they might prevent access once they
> exist, then you could just do a :
>
>  find /some/path -name "*.mp3" -exec rm {} \;
>
> to get rid of them.
Check out
  veto files = /*.mp3/*.MP3/*.avi/*.AVI/

/Ulf

--
Ulf Norén
IT-avd, Mittuniversitetet

OBS! Den 1 januari 2005 blev Mitthögskolan Mittuniversitetet.
Ny webbadress fr o m 050101: www.miun.se <http://www.miun.se/>
Ny E-postadress fr o m 050101: ulf.noren at miun.se <mailto:ulf.noren at miun.se>