[Samba] Administrator-privileged logon scripts under limited modeon XP?

Mitch (WebCob) mitch at webcob.com
Thu Mar 3 01:43:08 GMT 2005

[Mitch says:] I think your users can be local admin's while being on the
domain login, but it requires enabling that on each workstation - if that's
what you want to do - as for elevating privileges of a login script, I think
it's impossible - I looked into scripting the runas tool and was told it was
intentionally impossible.

A work around I am playing with is writing a service running locally as
"admin" to accept certain commands and options from non-admin users and
execute them, returning results over a pipe...

Sort of off topic, but I share your grief ;-)

m/