[Samba] Samba as PDC and BDC on the same network.

Clement DIEBOLD clement.diebold at univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Mar 2 16:53:36 GMT 2005

John H Terpstra a écrit :

>On Wednesday 02 March 2005 09:10, Clement DIEBOLD wrote:
>

>>Mccrory, Kevin B a écrit :
>>

>>>This is the way it should be working. The BDC handles authentication
>>>requests for the domain unless it becomes overloaded at which time the PDC
>>>steps in to take over.
>>>Refer to Chapter 4 section 4.2 of the Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference
>>>Guide that explains Domain Control.
>>>
>>>Kevin B. McCrory
>>>Network Engineer - COPS
>>>US Government Solutions
>>>13600 EDS Drive
>>>Mail stop:  A4S-B21
>>>Herndon, VA 20171
>>>* phone: +01-703-733-3255
>>>* mailto:kevin.mccrory at eds.com
>>>* AKO mailto:kevin.mccrory at us.army.mil
>>>

>>In fact, the two servers are running : the PDC make the authentification
>>and the BDC make nothing.
>>I shut down the samba PDC, then the BDC make authentification. When the
>>PDC comes back the authentification still made on the BDC.
>>
>>Then if i shut down the BDC, the PDC remake the authentification, but if
>>I restart the samba on BDC, BDC make authentification.
>>
>>Strange, is'nt it??
>>

>No, I am glad to see that you find Samba domain control works as it should. It
>would be strange if it behaved differently.
>
>- John T.

OK.

I have a netlogon script to map networks drives (home and temp) :
@echo off
echo "Script de demarrage"
net use T: %LOGONSERVER%\temp /PERSISTENT:NO

If the users are authenticated by the BDC, the share would be mounted on
the BDC and not on the PDC. The users data are on the PDC and are
replicated after with rsync on the BDC. So the data should be on the PDC.

Then, if I put :
@echo off
echo "Script de demarrage"
net use T: \\PDC\temp /PERSISTENT:NO

Then, if the PDC becomes down, this script wouldn't work and i must be
there to change the name of the server in the script.

So, what should I do ??

Thanks for the responses.

--
Clément DIEBOLD