[Samba] Samba as PDC and BDC on the same network.

Clement DIEBOLD clement.diebold at univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Mar 2 16:10:58 GMT 2005

Mccrory, Kevin B a écrit :

>This is the way it should be working. The BDC handles authentication
>requests for the domain unless it becomes overloaded at which time the PDC
>steps in to take over.
>Refer to Chapter 4 section 4.2 of the Official Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference
>Guide that explains Domain Control.
>
>Kevin B. McCrory
>Network Engineer - COPS
>US Government Solutions
>13600 EDS Drive
>Mail stop:  A4S-B21
>Herndon, VA 20171
>* phone: +01-703-733-3255
>* mailto:kevin.mccrory at eds.com
>* AKO mailto:kevin.mccrory at us.army.mil

In fact, the two servers are running : the PDC make the authentification
and the BDC make nothing.
I shut down the samba PDC, then the BDC make authentification. When the
PDC comes back the authentification still made on the BDC.

Then if i shut down the BDC, the PDC remake the authentification, but if
I restart the samba on BDC, BDC make authentification.

Strange, is'nt it??

Thanks

--
Clément DIEBOLD