[Samba] Links followed to my local filesystem

Pablo García malevo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:37:49 GMT 2005

Hi All, I was using samba client 3.0.0-15 on fedora core 1, accesing a
samba server 3.0.4 with an exported folder wich had a linked directory
named "web" within the same server to "/usr/local/apache/htdocs".
when I accessed that directory I could saw the contents of the
destination directory . (fine)
After upgrading to fedora core 3 and therefore to samba 3.0.10 I found
that the link in the samba folder is broken because it's pointing to a
non existen directory in my machine instead of pointing to the
directory located in the server.
Anyone has any idea of why is this ? and how can i go back to my usual
behavior ?

Regards, Pablo