[Samba] Netbench controller crashs

Ephi Dror ephi at agami.com
Wed Mar 2 00:28:17 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I'm running netbench against our samba based filer and having I believe
a controller problem.

When I configure the test to run multiple engines per client (about 5 in
my case) and about 20 clients so all together I  have 100 engines, the
controller  crashes.

My clients are a mix of NT4, winxp and win2000 systems.

If I run the controller on windows 2003, the controller simply quit and
all my netbench clients are terminating.

If I run the controller on winxp system, I am getting the familiar
dialog box telling me:

"Controller MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to
close. We are sorry for the incovenenience." and of course if I want to
send error report to Microsoft...

It is pretty random   when it crashes. Sometimes at the beginning of the
test, sometimes later.

Has anyone else see similar problems with running netbench?

Is there anything special I need to do in smb.conf or so?

Is there any work around?

Your help is really appreciated.

Please advise,

Cheers,