[Samba] creating link to disk from Nautilis 2.2.4

kkken kkken at croziers.org
Tue Mar 1 18:36:01 GMT 2005

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before.....

I have just installed Redhat 9 and am trying to set up a permanent link
to another system running a Samba client. I can launch the network
servers and get access to the disk(s). When i right click on any of the
disks and try and make a link to the device i get the following message

Error "unsupported operation" while creating a link to "smb://.......".

Is this a config problem or a know issue ?

What i really want to have is the disk appear on my desktop so that i
can have things on the disk always be available

--

Sláinte
kkken