[Samba] Samba 3.0.12pre1 build failure

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Mar 1 18:21:41 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> | Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> |> This is a preview release of the Samba 3.0.12 code base and
> |> is provided for testing only.
> |
> | I'm seeing a build failure, rh90, gcc-3.2.2: (using same config as for
> | samba-3.0.11):

> Builds fine on my rh9 box. I can't find any references to
> interpret_long_unix_date().
>
>     $ grep interpret_long_unix_date */*.[ch]

It's there in samba-3.0.12pre1/source/smbd/trans2.c:
BUILD/samba-3.0.12pre1/source $grep -r interpret_long_unix_date *
smbd/trans2.c:                  tvs.actime =
interpret_long_unix_date(pdata+8);
smbd/trans2.c:                  write_time =
interpret_long_unix_date(pdata+16);
smbd/trans2.c:                  changed_time =
interpret_long_unix_date(pdata+24);

> have you checked the differences in the specfile for
> the 3.0.12pre1 src.rpm at
> http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/RedHat/SRPMS/
> and the one you are using ?

I'm building a slighty modified version from fedora-devel.

Wierder still, it seemed to build fine on my rhel3 box, though I still
can't find where interpret_long_unix_date is defined.

Rex A. Dieter			rdieter at math.unl.edu
Computer System Administrator 	http://www.math.unl.edu/~rdieter/
Department of Mathematics  	University of Nebraska Lincoln