[Samba] Re: profiles not loading

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Mar 1 10:16:45 GMT 2005

Jeff Umbach:

> I'm having the same issue as well, though it normally happens after the
> server locks up and needs to be rebooted.  The server is RedHat ES 3
> running Samba 3.0.9 and the workstations are WinXP Pro SP1.

Server locks up? We had a Samba 3.0.11 running on RHAS3 update 4 - IBM 235
X series (Jeff Carter's Red Hat srpm compiled on the same machine)
suddenly refuse ssh and console logins after Samba had been running for a
week. The server had been running perfectly up to then, for more than 6
months. The users could carry on with what they were doing, logins just
hung. We had to use the on/off button to reboot.

Is this what you mean?

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl