[Samba] Authentication via both domain controller and local Samba password file

Juer Lee juer.lee at plasmon.ie
Tue Mar 1 08:46:17 GMT 2005

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know that if Samba is able to authenticate the user via both
domain controller and local Samba password file when the Samba is running
under 'Domain' mode??

The test steps:

1. Add some Samba users when the Samba is configured running under 'User'
mode, then the share is accessible by those added users.

2. Try to join the Samba a Windows 2000 domain, then the user logs into the
domain can access the share.

My question is:

         Can the user created in step 1 can still access the share?

I have done the test on Samba 3.0.7 and Samba 3.0.11, the answer is 'No'.
But I do remember that the share can be accessed by both domain user or
local Samba user in this case in earlier Samba 3.0.x than 3.0.

Thanks in advance,

Juer