[Samba] Using OID as Samba3 backend

Alex Canizales acanizales at la-tour.com
Thu Jun 30 20:45:31 GMT 2005

Hi, colleagues,

I'm running samba3 Using OID (Oracle Internet Directory) as backend, almost works ok, but the final trick that doesn't work is the change of the passwords from windows dialog box, this change the samba passwords but don't change the userpassword, i have found this line on samba logs files:

ldap password change requested, but LDAP server does not support it -- ignoring.

And i found in samba.org fourum that this problem is solved with this ACL:

access to dn.base="" by * read.

Already i have put them, but doesn't works, Anybody help me?

thanks in advance

Alex Canizales