[Samba] Why does Samba try both 445 and 130 to mount Windows share

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 30 03:42:39 GMT 2005

I always get a "connection refused" error on port 445 when mounting a
Windows share.  The share is then connected on port 139.

Which ports should I be accepting and which rejecting to mount a Windows
98SE share?

When mounting a Windows share, Samba's smbmount first reports trying to
mount on port 445 with the messages:
Connecting to 192.168.0.6 at port 445
error connecting to 192.168.0.6:445 (Connection refused)

It then connects on port 139 with the message:
Connecting to 192.168.0.6 at port 139

For Samba I have tcp ports 137,138,139 ACCEPTED in iptables.
Even if I also accept port 445 the 445 connection is still refused.

What can I do to eliminate this error?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX