[Samba] Re: Slightly OT: Making Windows Aps Think Mapped Drives are Local

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jun 28 19:28:28 GMT 2005

Actually, there is probably very little registry related which tracks this. The API in C/C++ is GetDriveType.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/getdrivetype.asp

So the thing which actually tracks this is the IFS portion of the Windows kernel... and I don't think you are going to be tinkering down in there. This code might populate registry entries talking
about what volumes have been mounted, etc... but you are fix'n to make the code lie in certain situations, which is a pretty duct tapeish way to accomplish what you desire to do. ("Two wrongs do not
make a right" kind of thinking...)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems