[Samba] Samba 2 Co-existance with AD

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Jun 28 10:11:25 GMT 2005

Hi - I hope you can help with a question about Samba 2. I'm supporting a
config where there is an old Samba 2 (RH 7) system which has been =
running
fine for years. Recently the original NT4 DC has been migrated to a W2K3
machine and the NT4 box retired.

Now there are problems with XP SP2 machines unable to map shares. The =
shares
were mapped by IP address so nmb/wins issues shouldn=92t be a problem.=20

I recall there being some changes to the password authentication
methods/algorithms from NT4 to AD and I think port 445 began to be used
rather than 13*.=20

So the basic question - can an XP SP2 machine, which is otherwise part =
of an
AD domain, map a share from a machine that would look as if it were =
share an
NT4 machine that is not in the AD domain?

Thanks in advance
=20
Ken

--=20