[Samba] re: bad connectivity between windows xp and samba

James jjmtrev at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 27 05:52:16 GMT 2005

Hey,

I've got a bit of a strange problem I can't figure out,

Im running a debian box, running debian 3.1 and

/usr/sbin/smbd --version
Version 3.0.14a-Debian

My windows box has windows xp sp2, basically what is happening is, when i
boot my windows machine I can connect to the samba server fine, but after a
period, im not sure exactually how long, i believe it varies, i can no
longer connect to the samba share,

restarting samba, restarting the debian box wont fix the problem, it isnt
until i reboot the windows box that this issue is fixed,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could fix this problem?

Ive tried removing my network adapter and all the network components and
readding them, but that hasn't fixed the issue either.

Thanks guys (and girls)

James