[Samba] bug in 3.0.14a source/smbd/service.c:make_connection

Jiri Klouda jk at zg.cz
Mon Jun 27 03:52:27 GMT 2005

Hi,
I have found a bug in the version 3.0.14a of samba in
source/smbd/service.c function make_connection line 614.
Between 3.0.6 and 3.0.14a someone changed a 'stat' call
in 'SMB_VFS_STAT', but this cannot be called before the
SMB_VFS_CONNECT that is much later in the function.

This breaks any VFS module where stat relies on data
established in CONNECT like in my database filesystem
VFS opaque layer.

I routed around the problem by including the call to
vfswrap_stat if(handle->data == NULL). But I should not
need to do that.

This one was really sneaky, because it just started
to core dump on me after upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.14a
without any change to my code...

Also, if you read a directory and SMB_VFS_TELLDIR is
defined in the VFS layer, but it returns -1 and ENOSYS
(as in not being implemented) it should behave the same
as if it would not be defined.

Regards,
-Jiri

--