[Samba] simple cross-network browsing setup is failing

steffen yount steffenyount at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 21:09:30 GMT 2005

I was running into a similar issue with my VPN and
subnets, and I think I figured it out... for my system
anyways...

For my multi-site VPN setup I now set:

        socket options = SO_BROADCAST SO_KEEPALIVE
IPTOS_THROUGHPUT TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192

>From what I can tell the "SO_BROADCAST" flag allows
samba to send to sub-domain broadcast addresses(i.e.
192.168.1.255). Before this change, I was not getting
wins responses across the subnet boundry before but
now I am.

-Steffen