[Samba] Windows XP denied

Bob Wooden bobwdn at watsonboyce.com
Fri Jun 24 21:46:11 GMT 2005

Running SuSE 9.2, Samba 3.0.9-2.3-SUSE and Windows XP(clients.)  My SMB.conf
file is set as simple as possible.  Security = share, guest = ok, etc.  Very
similar to the first example in "Samba 3 - no-frills examples."

I can send a small text file from SuSE to Windows (Windows is set to share
it's hard drive.)  But, I cannot access the (send a file) Samba server from
any windows machine (I have two grouped with my Samba server, now.)  I get
an error box as follows:

            Error Copying File or Folder {title bar}

            Cannot copy [file name]: Access is denied.

            Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the
file is not currently in use.

                        (with an "OK" button at bottom of message box.)

Any ideas?