[Samba] domain login problem

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Jun 24 18:55:29 GMT 2005

Baker, Deborah schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Red Hat AS3 PDC server running Samba 3.0.0. I have Linus workstations

damn! surely he'll get angry and stop developing kernel code now that
you has his workstations! :)

> and Windows 2000 workstations. Some not all of my Windows 2000 workstations will not let any user login to the domain.
 > Says username or password is incorrect. If you create a local user
account on the workstation and login as that user
 > you can get to all shares and there are no problems. I also have a
problem with browsing on Windows machines.
 > Sometimes you can browse the shares and
 > sometimes you can't. You login and shares are there,
 > you logout then back in and they may not be there.
 > I built this domain using the Samba-How-To.

try this:
- increasing the log level to 3,
- restart Samba
- remove all Samba logs from /var/log/samba (I assume you don't need them)
- try the domain login (or any of the above you mentioned)
- see what happens in /var/log/samba/machine_name.log when any of these
errors happen

the clue will be right in front of your eyes (hopefully) :)

--
Tomek
WPKG - a Windows software deployment tool to use with Samba