[Samba] domain login problem

Baker, Deborah dbaker at witsusa.com
Fri Jun 24 18:44:24 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a Red Hat AS3 PDC server running Samba 3.0.0. I have Linus workstations and Windows 2000 workstations. Some not all of my Windows 2000 workstations will not let any user login to the domain. Says username or password is incorrect. If you create a local user account on the workstation and login as that user you can get to all shares and there are no problems. I also have a problem with browsing on Windows machines. Sometimes you can browse the shares and sometimes you can't. You login and shares are there, you logout then back in and they may not be there. I built this domain using the Samba-How-To. Here is a copy of my smb.conf file
netbios name = sambaserver
workgroup = mydomain.org
passwd backend = smbpasswd
OS level = 65
encrypt passwords = yes
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
security = user
domain logons = yes
logon drive = H:
logon path = \\%N\home\samba\profile\%u
logon home = \\%N\home\%u
admin users = root
wins support = yes
log level = 1
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
client schannel = No
server schannel = no
client signing = no
server signing = no
browse list = yes

my net groupmap list
Domain Admins (S-1-5-21XXXXXXXXXXX-512->domainadm
Domain Guests (S-1-5-21xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-514->nobody
Domain Users (S-1-5-21xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-513->users

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any other information is needed let me know also.

Thanks!

Debbie