[Samba] SAMBA + vscan-mcdaemon + uvsacan command

Rodrigo Noroaldo de Castro Fernandes r.fernandes at darumaorga.com.br
Fri Jun 24 17:33:48 GMT 2005

Hi everybody

I am setting SAMBA as PDC, and i want it work together UVSCAN (nai).

I have already done this:
"...
     vfs object = vscan-mcdaemon
     vscan-mcdaemon: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-mcdaemon.conf
.."

     I also checked that make install copied vscan-mcdaemon.so to
/usr/lib/samba/vfs directory.

     I have already installed the uvscan package on
/usr/local/uvscan...

     But, as it is not working!
     How to tell vscan-mcdaemon to use uvscan?

     I saw on vscan-mcdaemon.conf the it would try to connect to uvscan
via sockets (localhost:8128), but how ? uvscan is only called by command
line, isn't it?

Regards
Rodrigo