[Samba] Samba3 - small lan [2] - fstab & smbfstab

Serge Naggar naggar at sprintmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:48:11 GMT 2005

Hi,

This is the second of 2 emails

I have two essentially identical linux computers [east and west] both
running Samba 3.0.9-2.6-suse with Suse linux pro 9.1 on a two machine
lan - [east & west] connected by a hub.

I am using `The Official Samba-3 HowTo & ref guide by Terpstra et al' as
my samba reference.

I am not clear which fstab to use.

        /etc/samba/smbfstab indicates that it will mount the shares at
        boot.
        I tried it but nothing  happens. - no icon[s] appear on the
        desktop.

        /etc/fstab - when I put the share definitions in /fstab the
        icons appear [unmounted] on the desktop.

I am not clear why the /etc/samba/smbfstab is not working.

Can you help?

--
Cheers,
Serge [Naggar Consulting]