[Samba] NIS authentication on samba

Sheikji Nazirudeen snazirud at syr.edu
Thu Jun 23 19:54:50 GMT 2005

I think I am bit confused here. we don't have any Window PDC or BDC we
just authenticate users from our NIS group when they try to map Unix
drives in their Windows systems.
So would password encryption work with the above setup. I believe the
alternative would be to use ldap

Sheikji Nazirudeen
IT Analyst
Syracuse University
315-443-1207

>>> "Ian Dees" <I-Dees at cornellcollege.edu> 6/23/2005 3:42:01 PM >>>
Why not use winbind? If that doesn't suit your needs (maybe you need to
authenticate with both NIS from a UNIX box and Samba from a PDC) then
try combining them together with LDAP?