[Samba] I NEED LINUX/W2K LAN ASSISTANCE

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Jun 23 13:09:38 GMT 2005

> I am challenged to bring up a 5 nodes Linux/w2k small LAN and  following
> samba server step by step by Ying Zhang to implement this.

I suggest you follow the official documentation on www.samba.org  It is
anybody's guess what you are looking at now.

> inetd.conf that should contain a line like:
>
> swat stream tcp nowait: 400root/user/sbintcp swath

If you're using a recent linux distro, then you are probably using a version
of xinetd, which will need a file created in /etc/xinetd.d/ for the service.
Use the others in there as a template.  Alternatively you could just install
the package for samba, and depending on your distro, which you did not list,
you may have to install swat as a separate package.