[Samba] Problem Connecting to Samba-OpenLDAP PDC

Adam Gritt msoegrad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:49:47 GMT 2005

I have found perhaps why it is not updating the passwd/shadow database
properly and I know this may not be the right list to ask this
question but I am going to give it a try.

when I try to run the straight useradd command to add a linux user to
see if once I do that it will allow me to connect to make sure that
everything else is working, I get the following error:

"error opening shadow group file"

I, however, do not know how to fix this or where I should persue the
issue.  can someone point me in the right direction?