[Samba] Missing files on Windows client side

Paul Dunphy pdunphy at research.ryerson.ca
Wed Jun 22 19:43:54 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem similar to Joop Martens' post from last week
re. missing folders using Samba 3.0.14a (the problem does NOT occur if I
run my previous version, Samba 3.0.0). The platform I am running on is
Irix 6.5.17f, which makes me think this problem is not limited to AIX.

What I'm finding is that folders containing more than about 1.2 GB of
files will not show up in Windows Explorer on the 2000/XP client. As
with Mr. Martens, if I type the full UNC path into Explorer the contents
will be displayed correctly. When I log in to the Irix box and list the
files everything appears as it should, and permissions appear to be fine.

I am just beginning to debug this problem now, so I'm hoping to send
more details once I've investigated this further. In the meantime, any
suggestions, comments or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Paul