[Samba] Problem Connecting from Windows to Samba-OpenLDAP PDC - 2nd Go

Adam Gritt msoegrad at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 19:44:03 GMT 2005

I have made some changes to try and get the PDC working and now I am
down to one thing where I believe the problem lies.  All such
documents on the setup show that the addition of users to the PDC
should be added to passwd as well as LDAP but for my system that is
not the case.  I am running the listed software:

Fedora Core 4
OpenLDAP 2.2.23
Samba 3.0.14a

This is what currently happens when I run the command:
[root at Fedora4 log]# smbclient //pdc-srv/testuser1 -U testuser1
Password:
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

The user testuser1 is listed in the ldap database but now in the
passwd database.  I am obviously missing something important to link
the two but I do not know what.  Any help on the matter is
appreciated.