[Samba] After Winbind Login, Mounting SMB Home Dirs?

Ian Dees I-Dees at cornellcollege.edu
Wed Jun 22 16:11:35 GMT 2005

Hi list,

How would I go about mounting samba home directories from a Windows file share after a user authenticates with winbind?

Here's my situation: I have a lab of 25 Linux boxes that currently use their own system for authentication on a campus that uses Windows Domain Controllers for student logins everywhere else. I have successfully set up domain logins using winbind on the Linux clients, but now the students need access to their H: drives for class work and sharing files between windows and linux sides.

So far, every windows/Linux single-sign-on HOWTO I've seen has done an excellent job at describing how to set up winbind auth, but then they stop short at mounting home directories and print shares, both of which I would like to have.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Ian