[Samba] Samba/LDAP

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Jun 22 15:54:54 GMT 2005

Jason Greene schrieb:
> I've been pulling my teeth out trying to get SAMBA/LDAP configured.
>
> Before I ask my questions...
>
> Is this the right place to ask about the necessary attributes to put in
> LDAP for SAMBA to authenticate against?

Generally it's a good place to ask such questions.

But before you do so, make sure you've read an excellent Guide on this
topic: Samba-3 by Example (chapter 5 is about Samba and LDAP).

There it is explained how to configure everything from the beginning to
the end, so that you won't have to put any attributes by hand into LDAP.

You will find it on www.samba.org ("Learn Samba").

--
Tomek
WPKG - deploy software to your Samba clients