[Samba] LocalWinProfiles

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Wed Jun 22 13:45:29 GMT 2005

Hi,
For you first question:
Since you can have two users with the same name, one local and one belonging
to a (or more) domain, and since their profiles are different(the SID's are
differente for sure), they can't share the same profile. The only profile
shared is the "All users" profile. So windows just creates user.domain, and
in some conditions it even adds a nnnn (0000 to 9999) field.
For your second question:
Don't think that you can, but here you can use a really big security bug (
feature?) in windows.
If the PDC is down, just remove the network cable, and try to login...
Windows will log you in with your locally cached information.
Of course for this to work, you must have logged in to that client at least
once.
Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
Bruno Guerreiro