[Samba] rpc trust gives WksQueryInfo call failed

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Wed Jun 22 08:05:26 GMT 2005

Hello,
i am trying to establish a trust from SAMBA 3.0.7 (RedHat AS3U4; same
result with 3.0.9 from RedHat AS3-U5) with a NT4 domain controller.
Here is the problem:
[root at etoile root]# net rpc trustdom establish DOM
Password:
Could not connect to server POMEROL
[2005/06/22 09:44:11, 0] rpc_parse/parse_prs.c:prs_mem_get(537)
  prs_mem_get: reading data of size 4 would overrun buffer.
  [2005/06/22 09:44:11, 0] utils/net_rpc.c:rpc_trustdom_establish(4377)
    WksQueryInfo call failed.

Both servers are on the same network, netbios name and domain controller
are correctly resolved.
People had already get this problem: i found a patch proposed by Jerry
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-March/101572.html), but it
should not be a problem for my versions.
I also tried with the 3.0.13 release from samba.org and get the same
result.
I can't see where the problem come from as the trust can be established
with another NT4 server, but NT4 administrator told me that both NT4
servers are with the same level security, same configurations (other than
network)...
Has anyone an idea ?
Thanks !
--