[Samba] Problem Connecting from Windows to Samba-OpenLDAP PDC

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Jun 22 07:33:07 GMT 2005

Adam Gritt schrieb:
> Every time I try to add a pc to the domain I get the response that it
> is an un-recognized user name.  I have followed the instructions
> located here:
>
> http://samba.idealx.org/smbldap-howto.en.html
>
> and am setting it up on a copy of Fedora Core 4 using the default
> installed packages and versions.  I am also unable to complete step
> 4.5 in the guide to test out the setup because it gives me the
> following error:
>
> [root at Fedora4 namedb]# ssh testuser1 at xxx.xxx.xxx
> testuser1 at xxx.xxx.xxx's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> testuser1 at xxx.xxx.xxxs password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> testuser1 at xxx.xxx.xxx's password:
> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).

surely you didn't do something important.

does

# getent passwd

list all your users, including users from LDAP (and that testuser1, and
machine accounts with $ at the end)?

Try looking at samba logs for the computer you are joining to the domain.

It can be so that machine accounts aren't added for some reason (see if
your machine accoun is added when you do getent passwd after failed
domain join).

--
Tomek
WPKG - manage software on your workstations with Samba