[Samba] samba and trusts

graeme graeme at issecurity.co.za
Mon Jun 20 16:41:44 GMT 2005

Guys

I hope some one can help me here.

I have joined a samba 3.0.11 box to a windows 2000  domain.  This 2000
domain in turn trusts several other domain.

I'm not interested in these domains.   Every thing works well until i do
a wbinfo -u

I have turned winbindd debugging on to level 3.  I the log i see the
daemon trying to contact all the trusted domains, do wins lookups and
broadcast lookups.
I then see:
cli_pipe. Server did not respond after 10000 milliseconds.

No my question is, how can i either force samba to ignore the other
domains, or how do i increase the timeout value.

The ideal solution is to stop it trying all the other domains.

All help appreciated

cheers

Graeme

--
Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here today is done