[Samba] Illegal multibyte sequence error in pdbedit output

mourik jan heupink heupink at intech.unu.edu
Mon Jun 20 15:09:12 GMT 2005

I'm sorry for breaking the thread, and slow replying...

here are my charset settings:

        dos charset = CP850
        unix charset = UTF8
        display charset = UTF8

output:
intech006: # pdbedit -L -v heupink
Searching for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=INTECH))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: succesful connection to the LDAP server
ldap_connect_system: LDAP server does support paged results
convert_string_allocate: Conversion error: Incomplete multibyte sequence(¦+@)

> dear list,
>
> in the output of pdbedit -L -v heupink I'm getting these errors:
>
> convert_string_allocate: Conversion error: Illegal multibyte \
> sequence(Êÿ¿p’
Êÿ¿ÿÿÿÿ’)
> Any ideas where to look..? Are these serieus errors..? (it looks as if the errors \
> occur BEFORE the actual ldap connection is opened, so I guess they're not ldap \
> related...)
> My samba is 3.0.14a, and system is sles9
>
> Below find the complete output of pdbedit -L -v heupink, and attached my smb.conf

No smb.conf attached. What are your settings for :

dos charset
unix charset
display charset

Jeremy.