[Samba] Slow logon with samba

Ross McInnes sysrm at stvincent.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 14:26:35 GMT 2005

Its ES3. we have about 350 computers and about 1200 Student users. Even less
at this time of year.

There are about 100 people logged on at the moment.

Whats really weird is that its slow 1st time you log on in the morning, then
when you log in any time after that its fine. Until next morning. I think im
gonna do a fresh install of latest samba and see if that fixes it.

Anyone with thoughts tho, please send them!

Ross