[Samba] Profile not saved for 3 users

James Fellows James.Fellows at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 06:42:39 GMT 2005

Hi, I have a very odd issue.

I have 2 samba PDCs running on a subnet, and I am are trying
to transfer users from Samba version 2.2.5 (smbpasswd) to Samba version
3.0.10-Debian (with LDAP).

I have 12+ Windows Domain users, transferred across without incident.

Steps I followed;
Create user in LDAP
Use smbclient to test authenication
Get user to logoff
Rsync files
Rename old profile directory
Log into new PDC, recreate profile
The end, all good.

Except for 3 users, where the new profile is created on the PC, but never
propagates to the new PDC.

We use the same UIDs.  Is something being cached? Why only for some?

Any ideas?

==============================
James Fellows
Computer Systems Administrator
Department of Computer Science
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
Computer Science and Information Technology Building 108, North Road
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 5144
F: +61 2 6125 0010