[Samba] user profiles from roaming to local ?

SABINE ZARABIAN sabine.zarabian at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jun 20 06:29:07 GMT 2005

Roman Kampus wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have Samba server with ldap and the problem is that when users first
> time log into domain, roaming profiles are made.
> I have already set up some backing-up actions from log-in scripts, so
> I would like to all user profiles to be local profiles.
> Does anyone know if profiles could be changed from command-line in
> windows ( did already some Google, but found nothing ) ?  Or does
> anyone know if removing sambaProfilePath
> "\\_sambaserver_\profiles\_username_" from ldap would solve my problem ?
>
> With best regards
> Roman

Hallo Roman,

I had the same question some month before. One solution I got :
delete sambaProfilePath in Ldap and set
*l*ogon path =
no empty string, nothing but an end of line/
/

then a new user get default and local profile
on the machine. If  the user was logged in before on the machine,
windows still using serverbased profiles.

Best regards,
Sabine

--
Sabine Zarabian