[Samba] WINS Problem

Matt Schwartz mschwartz at dcscorp.net
Sun Jun 19 20:37:21 GMT 2005

This WINS problem is baffling.  I have built Samba from the source and
the make install did not seem to put the libnss_wins.so.2 anywhere.
Here is the ./configure command I used.  Perhaps someone can enlighten me

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-configdir=/etc/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private --with-piddir=/var/samba
--with-lockdir=/var/samba/locks --with-logfilebase=/var/samba/logs
--with-acl-support.

I am running Debian Sarge release and I have the following development
libraries installed: libpam0g-dev, libldap2-dev, and libnss-dev.  I
don't need ADS support.  Something is going wrong but no errors are
being thrown on the screen or in the syslog.  WINS resolution is totally
broken.  I have the correct settings in nsswitch.conf.  What else could
I be missing?  What further info do you need from me?