[Samba] how can a SYSTEM user access domain shares?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Jun 17 07:48:20 GMT 2005

I hava a Samba3 domain and workstations that are joined to this domain.

On each workstation boot, I would like to run a script on these
workstations, that would do something useful (install software etc.).

For security reasons, I wouldn't like to run it as a Domain
Administrator (the password would be stored on a workstation, which
could be potentially cracked).
So I have to run it as a SYSTEM user - but I am not able to access Samba
domain shares as a non-domain user without providing a password.

Can anyone help me with that? Perhaps using "machine account"
credentials could help (but how to use it?)?

--
Tomek