[Samba] samba 3 + DNS(SRV records) + Active Directory Clients

saravanan ganapathy sarav_gsa at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 04:42:00 GMT 2005

Hai ,

My network layout as follows

Samba Server - 192.168.50.5 (255.255.255.0)
My Clients are in 192.168.50.0 , 192.168.51.0 &
192.168.52.0 network.

My win2k Clients which are in 50.0 network able to
join into PDC. But clients which are in other networks
couldn't join.

No broadcasts allowed between the networks.

In this case, what would be the best configuration to
bring my win2k clients into samba PDC?

My smb.conf as follows

netbios name = pdc
workgroup = sarav.net
server string = Samba Server %v
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
local master = yes
os level = 65
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = %m.bat
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%u
passdb backend = smbpasswd guest
dns proxy = no

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no

[Profiles]
    path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes
    writable = yes

Please suggest me a solution for my problem.

Sarav