[Samba] samba 3 + DNS(SRV records) + Active Directory Clients

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Jun 15 21:28:43 GMT 2005

Hi, having a valid working internal dns is nice to have
and gives you the second chance to name resolution ( depends on
configure issues )
but the prime lookup in the most times is the wins service, as its
looked normally first by the win clients,
and many applications i.e. old outlook versions.
So configure samba as wins server or use an existing one ( win 2000
server and up )
But i guess this may not be your only problem so show us your samba conf
and decribe your network layout.
You will find adding info in the samba faqs and in your samba logs
Regards

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards